This exciting and hugely significant project involved the development of a 43 acre ‘brown field’ site in London. Touchstone Renard was commissioned to provide a team of experienced specialist consultants to deliver assurance advice and support to the developer and other stakeholders involved in the project to ensure that the numerous aspects of the development complied with relevant regulations and other requirements.
We deployed a mix of specialists, including a project director and other project managers, rail engineers, technical writers, quality consultants, auditors and document controllers.
Following appointment of our project director, the major tasks that Touchstone Renard accomplished, included:
- Interpreting the relevant regulations and assurance standards.
- Dividing our consultants into two teams:
- Team 1 managed document preparation on behalf of the developer and received assurance submissions from the main contractor.
- Team 2 was located at the main contractor’s site to prepare project assurance plans for the developer and to receive project assurance submissions from supply chain contractors.
- Conducting audit and surveillance services for the contractor and supply chain.
- Working with the architects to assist with compliance and assurance issues in respect of the relocated stations.
- Extensive liaison with the major metro provider.
Touchstone Renard remained involved with the project over many years and is delighted that the famous, spectacular new shopping complex has now opened.