This project had a complex mix of stakeholders with challenging project and stakeholder management and engineering issues to address and it was with regard to several of these that Touchstone Renard’s support was secured. As has often been the case, a combination of technical and inter personal skills were key to the success of the assignment.
Touchstone Renard’s critical role included:
- Arranging, managing and chairing meetings.
- Liasing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing regular oral and written reports to our client on the status of the project.
- Preparing, reviewing and ensuring the submission of satisfactory project documentation to the standards required by our client’s own client (another major metro provider).
- Providing risk management support.
The outcome of the assignment depended on the ability of the Touchstone Renard team to win the confidence of our client’s senior managers and others involved in the project. There was a range of committed participants contributing to a major team effort to ensure success. As such, communication skills and a professional but, down to earth, attitude, together with reliability and, technical expertise, went a long way in building a relationship. Touchstone Renard’s team of specialists recognised, shared and committed themselves to the client’s aims and values.
Our client’s senior manager was kind enough to tell us that he and his colleagues were highly satisfied with the work of the Touchstone Renard team, by writing: ‘Just a quick note to say that I have been and remain very impressed with (your consultants’) performance on (this) project.’