Managing Director of Touchstone Renard since 1997, Phil is a respected leader of strategic and operational consultancy projects and an experienced general manager.
He has particular expertise in the effective implementation of change, project management, project assurance, quality improvement, strategic reviews, and all aspects of management standards and systems.
Phil has led a significant number of consulting programmes including:
- A major project quality and safety assurance programme for the largest retail complex project in Europe (White City).
- An integrated management system for a major provider of infrastructure projects to the UK public sector, covering ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 (quality and information security).
- A programme to deliver outstanding improvements to the secure facilities management division (1,000 staff) within a Defence Agency.
- A strategic Facilities management and engineering sourcing programme for Pfizer Global R&D.
- A major railway safety programme for a European national railway company.
- Leading a strategic safety audit programme for Eurostar International.
- Overseeing a wide range of project management, quality management, change management and safety assurance assignments across the London Underground and leading airlines.
- Leading a technical and managerial review of the Greek transport investment (€7 Billion) programme for the European Commission.
Phil has been engaged by four UK and Overseas Business Schools as a visiting Major Project Management and Quality Management tutor on MBA programmes. He also developed a training video and workbook for The Sunday Times, using an added-value-based approach to implementing quality improvement. He is presently serving as a member of the Court of Brunel University.
Prior to entering management consultancy, Phil was General Manager of an international scientific and process equipment company, where he was instrumental in revitalising the company and leading divestment from a major global scientific group. This followed a range of senior roles that Phil had undertaken as a project and product development manager.