How ISO 44001 Can Help Your Business Achieve Its Aims
ISO 44001 (previously the British Standard BS 11000) provides a framework and practical guidelines for creating and managing collaborative business relationships between organisations, enabling them to support one another to deliver their services or products and achieve their joint goals more effectively.
The ISO 44001 framework can be tailored to meet any collaborative arrangement, enabling partners to share knowledge, information, skills, experience and resources, as well as jointly managing risk, improving performance and reducing cost.
Collaborative Working is Important Right Now!
In times of global economic uncertainty, organisations are seeking solutions to help them to survive, grow and achieve their objectives.
There can be strength in numbers and the response of many organisations is to collaborate with like-minded partners who are willing to make a significant contribution, share the risks and costs and reap the benefits of collaborative working.
What are the Benefits of Collaborative Working?
Collaborative arrangements, when they work effectively, can enable two or more parties to:
- Deliver their products or services more effectively.
- Improve efficiency and performance by improving processes.
- Share knowledge, experience, skills and resources.
- Assess, manage and reduce risk more effectively.
- Raise morale and increase motivation.
- Increase sales and marketing opportunities.
- Assist innovation.
- Reduce costs.
- Interact more effectively with customers and other stakeholders.
- Protect and enhance reputation and inspire confidence.
- Offer more flexibility to customers.
- Maintain a competitive edge.
Of course, a partnership of any type is unlikely to become successful by chance. This is where ISO 44001 can help by offering an essential tool, in the form of a tailored framework, to encompass and govern any situation, so that any collaborative arrangement is more likely to produce the desired results.
How Does ISO 44001 Work?
ISO 44001 divides any collaborative arrangement into eight stages which can be grouped together into three essential phases, from the start to the end of the relationship. This provides a pathway to govern and manage a relationship. Adopting the ISO 44001 framework will be likely to enhance the chances of achieving the shared goals of the partners.
The Main Eight Stages of ISO 44001
Phase 1 – laying the foundations through:
3. Internal assessment.
Phase 2 – identifying and working with partners by:
4. Partner selection.
5. Working together.
6. Value creation.
Phase 3 – managing and maintaining the relationship and ending it on good terms:
7. Staying together.
8. Exit strategy.
ISO 44001 can support a collaborative arrangement through a clear set of principles that can be adapted to ensure that the partnership is well managed and effective.
Who Can Benefit From ISO 44001?
Any organisation wishing to work in collaboration can benefit from ISO 44001 in a range of situations, including:
- Any arrangement involving two or more parties.
- Collaborative arrangements involving parties who are external to each other or members of internal divisions within the same organisations.
- Arrangements between clients/customers/suppliers as part of a supply chain.
- International partnerships.
- Public and private sector relationships.
- Multi industry / sector arrangements.
Please Contact Touchstone Renard
If you would like to discuss the ways in which ISO 44001 can help your organisation with collaborative working, please get in touch with us, without any obligation on your part. We can assist businesses with a wide range of solutions, tailored to meet their particular needs and designed to help them manage risk and reduce cost.
Please contact Phil Austin, managing Director on:
- T: +44(0)20 7101 0788
- M: +44(0)7768 366 744
- E mail [email protected]