The specific work undertaken was:
- Reviewed quality processes by gap analysis and made recommendations for improvements.
- Reviewed the processes contained within the plan; identified that they existed, were being operated and assessed and reported on their effectiveness - particularly on whether the learning from quality failures were being identified.
- Identified and reported upon whether there was an effective process in place to modify systems and procedures to improve quality from learning points identified.
- Identified other evidence of a "learning organisation".
- Made proposals on how, going forward, an independent Quality Assurance process could be constructed. Reviewed use of external end-customer feedback to improve quality.
- Made proposals on how the use of external customer feedback to improve service quality could be introduced/further enhanced.