Appointed as Chairman of Touchstone Renard in autumn 2003, Andrew has had considerable experience of the Management Consultancy profession, operating as Senior Consultant, Professional Interim Manager and Director for a number of large national and international clients.
With a professional training as a Chartered Accountant, Andrew often takes a hands-on approach to his work, helping to plan strategy and implement change programmes at Board level.
Having worked in both executive and non-executive roles, the focus has always been on improving profitability and developing long-term growth plans.
Recent assignments include:
- Chairman of the Board of Octavia Housing. Octavia Housing and Care is a long established housing association, registered with the Housing Corporation, providing affordable housing throughout eleven boroughs in central and west London, together with care and support for older and vulnerable people. With over 4,500 units and assets valued at around £900 million, Octavia Housing builds homes for rent and shared ownership (including sheltered and supported housing), providing accommodation for people who could not otherwise afford housing in some of the most expensive areas of the capital. In addition, Octavia Housing develops private residential accommodation for sale and commercial properties. Visit their website at www.octaviahousing.org.uk.
- As Managing Director of Radio Taxis – one of the largest taxi businesses in London with an annual turnover of around £50 million – Andrew managed the business's demutualization programme and subsequently played a significant role in leading Radio Taxis to become carbon neutral.
- Interim director of finance and corporate services for a major UK charity implementing a national change programme.
- Interim practice manager for a professional service firm successfully implementing improvements in service levels.
- Managing the reorganisation of a financial service firm and implementing structural change as interim general manager.
- Investment review of a UK group for overseas shareholders.
Industry & Operational Experience:
Andrew's Industry and operational experience has included:
- Divisional Head (Finance & Administration) of Centre-file, a Nat West Bank subsidiary which he helped to reorganise as a £50 million p.a., 600 employee, multi-site division.
- Director of a Management Consultancy Firm specialising in Financial Services, responsible for marketing, business development, and implementation of new assignments.
- Senior Accountant at Ernst & Whinney based in London.